Working Mothers Workshop - presented in conjunction with the ACT Law Society
If you’re a working mother you’re likely to be juggling your own expectations about how you should perform your work and family responsibilities, and the expectations of your colleagues and family. This one-day workshop delivers practical strategies for working mothers to combine work and family responsibilities successfully. These strategies will make it easier for you to manage and combine those roles so you are more productive, satisfied and efficient in both areas. They will enable you to build confidence and competence in ‘making it all work’ as well as being more tactical in managing your career.
The results of having such strategies will benefit not only you as a lawyer, but also your employer in the form of productivity improvements, talent retention and better financial performance. In particular, the strategies delivered in the workshop offer:
- A smooth, effective transition back to productive work and increased satisfaction and productivity for those who have been back a while
- Increased retention from the loyalty this support builds, along with associated cost savings
- Strong networking opportunities
- A positive impact on the number and types of role models coming through to inspire the next generation and demonstrate the many ways people can ‘make it work’
- A powerful impact on talent attraction and reputation as an employer of choice.
When: Tuesday 21 June 2016, 9.30am to 5pm.
Where: ACT Law Society Blackburn Training Room, Level 4, 1 Farrell Place, Canberra City
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided
Members will earn 6 CPD units in Core Area 3
Cost (incl GST): $730 , or $700 for WLA ACT members
Registrations close 13 June 2016. Don't miss out!