We are delighted to announce that nominations for the inaugural ACT Women Lawyers Awards are now open!
We have a great wealth of talented women lawyers in the ACT - it is time to acknowledge and celebrate them.
Download the nomination pack containing all the information you need to nominate yourself, a colleague or your firm or organisation. Nominations are open to all ACT women lawyers. Nominees and nominators do not need to be WLA ACT members.
You can also access this information from the awards page on our website.
The winners will be announced at a Gala Dinner on 3 November 2016 at King's Hall, Old Parliament House. We are delighted that author, journalist and broadcaster Annabel Crabb will join us as guest speaker.
The awards will be judged by an independent selection committee consisting of:
- The Honourable Justice Hilary Penfold, Patron of WLA ACT
- Dr Helen Watchirs OAM, ACT Human Rights Commissioner
- Ms Petra Gartmann, Assistant Secretary - Office of Legal Services Coordination
- Mr Michael Miller, Director of MLC Advice
- WLA ACT President (or nominee)