We are delighted to announce the Gillian Beaumont Legal & WLA ACT Award for a member to attend the Australian Women Lawyers 2016 National Conference. The Award builds on the success of the first award made two years ago and is once again made possible with the generous support of Gillian Beaumont Legal.
The Award consists of -
- Registration at the Conference in Perth on 8-10 April 2016. WLA ACT will register the Award winner and pay the registration fee.
- $1,000 towards travel and accommodation costs enabling attendance at the Conference. Two nights’ accommodation will be booked at the Conference venue (Crown Promenade, Perth) and the balance remaining will be paid directly to the Award winner who will be responsible for organising their own airfares.
The Conference is the peak conference for female practitioners, leaders and senior professional across the Australian legal sector to form new relationships, discuss ideas and learn from industry leaders. For more information about the conference please click here
How to apply for the Award -
Your application is to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4 March 2016 and must satisfy the following requirements:
1. You must be a current member (2015/16 Financial Year) of WLA ACT.
2. You must submit a statement of 1,000-1,500 words (longer statements will not be considered) addressing as relevant-
a) Your contribution to the aims of the WLA ACT (see 'about us')
b) The likely benefits to you of attending the Conference
c) The need for support (your personal financial circumstances do not need to be disclosed, but it would be relevant, for example, whether or not your employer would fund you to attend, whether or not you are in the early years of your career, whether or not you work for an NGO/community service).
3. You must provide a brief (one page) CV, including date of admission (if relevant) and work history.
4. You must provide a letter of endorsement from your employer (if relevant) to the effect that they support your application and approve your attendance.
5. You must commit to preparing a 1,000-2,000 word written piece about the Conference within 30 days of your return, for publication as WLA ACT sees fit.
The Award winner will be selected by Gillian Beaumont Legal and will be notified by WLA ACT on Friday 18 March 2016.